>

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Welcome! you May say...


Imagine

John Lennon
Imagine there's no Heaven

It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one.

DARE TO DREAM!
If they take away our capacity of believing that there are other ways we will be in big trouble. I fear it's already happening.
They have attacked merciless and relentlessly great part of our culture and by doing so a great deal of people's strength is lost.
People became population and some of our words became part of politician speeches.
"Power to the people" also became another meaningless song without a new one to replace it.
Civil rights, civil liberties... human rights? I wonder what is the number that mental health human rights is positioned since it's not even at the middle of the list.
This is the Mental Health Awareness Month.
What are the items we have at the agenda? It's a complex issue with numerous aspects to be discussed. Let NIMH, take care of it. The month will pass quickly...
I want to congratulate Gay Power. Homosexuality is no longer a mental disease and they are still fighting for queer rights and have even created their own words something that characterizes a culture.

6 comments:

Mark Krusen said...

That is a dream. We can't even get along in our own country.

Ana said...

In our building.
:(

Mark p.s.2 said...

Rain on your parade. Imagine no countries? Somalia has no government so it no longer a country, guess what happens? People who want to get rid of their toxic waste cheap dump it there. No countries = no law and no accountability.
"Somali Pirates See Themselves As Unofficial Coast Guard"
CBC story on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcpwS0izoJg

Ana said...

You are all really raining on Lennon's parade!
Shame on you!
Do I have to put the who lyrics?
I'll do it.
It's a DREAM!
(crying, crying, crying...)
"I wonder if you can"

We lost the ability even to think about it.
I believe that Lennon was right when he said:
"The dream is over."
I'm sad! (joking)

Marj aka Thriver said...

"People became population." Eloquent! I've always loved that song. Great post!

Ana said...

Marj,
It's a reality.
Perhaps I should write about it later.
I also love this song.