>

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stop E.C.T. Protest in Montreal - Mark was there

Mark was at the protest and he had his own sign as you can see at this post of him where he tells about being approached by the police because of the sign.
I've copied the post he wrote about the protest. I wish I was there. I wish I will be alive to go to any protest on any mental health issue. I fear I will not be alive to be part of any around here.

"Filed under: Uncategorized — markps2 @ 5:00 PM

I met Ghislain, Céline and Hélène.

may9th 2009 017

Ghislain and Céline may9th 2009 018

Hélène Grandbois

Hélène Grandbois

may9th ect 2009 001

may9th ect 2009 003

It was all in francais, so I didn’t understand too much.

A couple of professional photographers were about.

Update : Remembering the event.

Attendance: About fifty (constant) people. The combined total of the speeches came to about an hour, during which people on the street came and went.

The first photo of the woman in a yellow jacket is somebody important in Quebec, I didn’t catch the name/write it down.

The focus of the protest was obviously to get the public to think of our mothers and grandmothers getting brain damage, which was the main theme.

They did mention Ran Sandford getting involuntary E.C.T. in the U.S.A.

“My” Hospital Lakeshore General apparently gives out an even number of 420 E.C.T. a year.

The psych ward where I watched the victims wait on gurneys in the morning for their E.C.T. in front of the nurses station."

Yes, Lakeshore General Hospital gave 420 E.C.T. in 2006. I'll translate the French material later. Thank you Mark for being there! I wish I was there with you.

7 comments:

Mark said...

I just found this post of yours now, sorry I missed it on the 14th. Thanks for distributing it.
Is it me or not? If you put "ect protest" into a google search what happens ? I'm number two?
I have to make the post better with more information.

Ana said...

Yes!
I'm number two if you google ECT protest in Montreal.
This is great you were there.
I didn't know you have another blog.

Mark p.s.2 said...

I'm confused. I only have one blog and you think I have two?

Ana said...

Mark,
I'm confused too.
I thought that the Mark who left the comment was you. I've clicked at his name and I was linked to this blog:
http://markecc123.blogspot.com/
So, this Mark was not you.
I believe that as I've entitled the post with the name "Mark"" there must be other Marks at google search.
I'll check it.
Wait...

Ana said...

The number two is your blog Mark p.s.
E.C.T. protest in Montreal « Psych Survivor 2.0
E.C.T. protest in Montreal. Filed under: Uncategorized — markps2 @ 5:00 PM. I met Ghislain, Céline and Hélène. ...
psychsurvivor2.wordpress.com/2009/05/09/e-c-t-protest-in-montreal/ - 29k - Em cache - Páginas Semelhantes -

The "Mark" is mistaken. I'm sorry Mark PS.
It's no big deal.
Why people make such a fuss for nothing?

Mark p.s.2 said...

Yes markecc123.blogspot.com/ is mine.
But "mental health" is NOT supposed to be linked to it.
Thanks for telling me.

Ana said...

Good!
It's fine.