>

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Second Life: pedophilia, prostitution, drugs, slavery, rape, robbery...

There was not a single soul at this exhibition
... that is it. Everybody knows and there's nothing new I'm reporting here but as I spend some time trying to find nice things at Second Life the bad could not be avoided because it's everywhere. Even when you are alone as I was while visiting Liverpool (I've put some pictures at this post) someone appears and try to have a conversation.
There are some few good places and when you go you find nobody not even a member. I will not describe because I believe you all know. I would never leave my child alone in Second Life.
What saddens me is that, dear Lord!, how many interesting things could be created and kept!
There are good things but the harassment is almost constant and it's really amazing and annoying. I went to one of this clubs and they are really professional. No Mark Krusen! I was doing a research.
I don't understand why universities and other institutions leave their bad designed buildings at Second Life since there is no activity. It only makes those who are in search for healthy and good content believing that they will find it. There is not. The nice places must be visited alone or with a friend you have in Real Life (RL as they say in SL - Second Life).
You can enjoy some dancing places by listening to the music and dancing at the comfort of your home. Just don't look at the monitor if you are a woman because you will be sick to death of seeing half-naked girls avatars.
But don't expect finding good conversation or people to share your ideas. When you search for places to go the first answers are X rated content opposed to Real Life.
Here are some links of many people who have written about the crimes in Second Life:

Prostitution and a journalist pretended to be a client;
Pedophilia; Rape; Police investigating robbery and other crimes;

I ask myself about the emotional effects of a virtual rape and all of this:

"There is no question that forced online sexual activity -- whether through text, animation, malicious scripts or other means -- is real; and is a traumatic experience that can have a profound and unpleasant aftermath, shaking your faith in yourself, in the community, in the platform, even in sex itself."

"It's always been true that what happens offline and what happens online interconnect,"

No comments: