>

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Constant Gardener - the book - the film - the reality

The Constant Gardener is a novel by John le Carré that was published in 2001 showing the corruption and abuse of power of pharmacetical industry. It was made into a movie by the Brazilian filmmaker Fernando Meireles.

John le Carré writes in the book's afterword:

"By comparison with the reality, my story is as tame as a holiday postcard."

We are discussing it daily with some posts on other subjects to clear our minds.
Thanks to all of you who are doing this work.

10 comments:

Laura said...

I saw that ... good movie

Synchronicity said...

Hello there!

Thanks so much for visiting me. I have seen you too especially on Susan's blog. I will add you to my links.

I have not seen this film...I have wanted to for some time. So many books and movies..so little time.

Ana said...

Anonymous Drifter,
Yes, I also did like it.


Merelyme,
I'm glad you came to 'visit' me.
Time is getting shorter and shorter...
Love,
Ana

Monica Cassani said...

this was a very good, but disturbing movie...

Ana said...

Disturbing good or disturbing bad?
:)

Anonymous said...

It is a good film AND it is disturbing.

I ended up waking up in the middle of the night screaming because I was dreaming about it and another movie I saw at the same time.

Real stuff is scary.

Slumdog Millionaire if a great movie too...but very disturbing. I play some of the scenes in my mind...I don't want to, the just pop in.

Ana said...

It has never happened to me. :(
Never a movie has impressed me this way.
Perhaps I have another relationship with dreams.
I usually dream with raw material from daily life.
Too hard to have a scary dream.
Is it normal?
:o)

Anonymous said...

You mean you have NEVER had a nightmare?

Ana said...

Yes. You know that one where you cannot shout? It's been a log time but I had. I remembered that when I was a girl I used to watch a "National Kid" and I had a nightmare with one of the characters. I remember it quite clearly.
I usually don't remember my dreams.
After taking these psych-drugs it became harder an harder to remember.
It alters our sleep pattern and also our dreams.
Spooky!

Ana said...

Thank you!