>

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Olympiads and politics














On the left: Berlin 1932 - On the right: 1969

"Yes that is true. In later years however, a street in Berlin was named Jesse Owens in honor of him and he was considered a great hero by the German people. Many people liked him at the time, but many were afraid to speak up for Jesse in fear of Hitler's anger.
That's a good point you make about dogs in your email. We have a saying in this country and perhaps you have the same one or a similar one in Brazil. When everything is going wrong, we say, "The world is going to the dogs." But you know what? I have dogs and I don't dress them up but I probably love them more than I love most people. My dogs have loved me unconditionally and would give their lives to protect me. That's why they say, "A dog is man's best friend."
Kind regards,
Daryl"


Hitler also have put on camps German mental health patients as well as homosexuals or "everything" that he didn't consider Arian.
I asked Daryl to write something on these famous photos above. He wrote me a wonderful elegia. I've translated it into Portuguese and I cannot find the original English version.
I'll try to see if I can reach him and if he still has it. If not I'll try translating it back into English.

No comments: