>

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"You are Beautiful" campaign













."A simple power message being spread throughout the world."

"You Are Beautiful is a simple, powerful statement which is incorporated into the over absorption of mass media and lifestyles that are wrapped in consumer culture.

The intention behind this project is to reach beyond ourselves as individuals to make a difference by creating moments of positive self realization. We're just attempting to make the world a little better.

Intention is the most important aspect of the You Are Beautiful project in its idea of purity. Nothing is sacred. Everything that has a perceived value becomes commodified. We work extremely hard that this message is received as a simple act of kindness, and nothing more.

Advertising elicits a response to buy, where this project elicits a response to do something. The attempt with You Are Beautiful is to create activism instead of consumerism.

You Are Beautiful uses the medium of advertising and commercialization to spread a positive message.
Projects like these make a difference in the world by catching us in the midst of daily life and creating moments of positive self realization.
"

8 comments:

Mike Golch said...

That is a great message indeed! I'm going to do a post and link to this one.

Mark Krusen said...

Ana,
You are Beautiful too.

Laura said...

This reminds me of the Dove commercials whose message is for women to love their bodies regardless of size, shape, age, etc...

Ana said...

Mike,
Isn't it great?
I believe I have to do something here in Rio de Janeiro. There is still not any activity below the Equator.


Mark,
Thank You!
Cindy is beautiful too. (lol)

Anonymous Drifter,
We have this ad here too.
I believe that their idea goes much more far than that.
:)

JC said...

People really need to know what true beauty is more than ever these days... I am so glad you posted this!

Ana said...

Thank you Jena.
It's a very interesting way of action.
I really did like it.
Love,
Ana

Marj aka Thriver said...

Yay! Great idea! Reminds me of a poem I wrote and put up on two "You are Beautiful" posts at my blog. It's short so I'll paste it here:

Your Beauty

I see the beauty
you can't see
You're unaware of
what it does for me

It's the light
shining in your eyes
Lifting me up
to brighter skies

Still you walk around
And you hang your head
Sometimes wishing
You were dead

But if you could see
What I see in you
There'd be nothing, love,
That you could not do.

Copyright 2003 Marj McCabe ~ All Rights Reserved

Ana said...

That's beautiful.
I have zero ability to write poems.
Nada.
I guess you have another blog...
I'll visit it.
Ana