>

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

SSRI do Cause Permanent Sexual Dysfunction - a video-testimony

This was the first video about PSSD:
Some people will never have a sexual life because of the use of a SSRI antidepressant during adolescence or even prior to adolescence.


Text Comments (83) Options

Loading...
shasanni (2 months ago) Show Hide
0
Marked as spam
o my goodness.....
emotobot (3 months ago) Show Hide
+3
Marked as spam
Thank you so much for having the courage to speak up about this issue. Despite the denial of of drug companies and the medical community, post -antidepressant sexual dysfunction is a real and devastating problem. I took ssris for a week to help combat anxiety related to university exams. Five months later I am still completely unable to enjoy sex, and no doctor can tell me why or whether the condition will ever improve.
xplodetrain (4 months ago) Show Hide
+1
Marked as spam
the aftermath of 2 months of ssris has literally destroyed my life, one of the many ways it did this is lessened libido which contributed to ending my relationship. Im 18 and it feels like its all over.
rubberjohnny84 (4 months ago) Show Hide
0
Marked as spam
i have almost complete ed since taking anti-depressants for about 2 years. I'm 24 and in all honesty i question very much whether or not I wish to live out a life like this.
8888Connie (5 months ago) Show Hide
+1
Marked as spam
I used antidepressants for less than 1 yr when I was in college and my sex drive went to almost zero when I stopped the drug and has not returned after many yrs. Although my sex drive was somewhat less while on the drug , the dramatic decrease came when i stopped taking it so I never connected the drug to sexual dysfunction .
Dr Kessler, former head of theFDA says that <1%>
hiya192 (6 months ago) Show Hide
+4
Marked as spam
omg.
I was talking to my friend today who's 17 and is on Zoloft. She told me that she's lost her drive, and I just cannot believe that it can have permanent effects. This is truly pathetic as far as medicine goes, these are things that really can affect someone socially. Anti-depressants? I think not.
psychawareness (7 months ago) Show Hide
+2
Marked as spam
I was on SSRI/SNRI agents from 14 to 22 years of age. I have many PSSD symptoms. Been a year since discontinuance.
kataridragon (9 months ago) Show Hide
+1
Marked as spam
Wow. I met this girl in my home town and things went swimmingly in our relationship but she seemed to have problems with affection both physical and mental. In short she didn't seem to have a sense of sexuality or sex drive. I knew she took anti-depressants and I didn't realize that the anti depressants she took might actually be the problem.
Thanks for making this video.
stevosteebs (9 months ago) Show Hide
+1
Marked as spam
you helped me bro, in understanding the problems im having with cipralex(anti-di) im getting the same thing and we are trying for a baby..cant thank you enough! x
Raedor (10 months ago) Show Hide
+1
Marked as spam
Very brave and very well put. Its just such a shame thatas of now we do not have an answer to this problem.
Sometimes I feel as if I am getting back to normality, yet, like many, 6 months of Prozac some 7 years ago destroyed my libido and it has never recovered.
I feel that though Prozac is great for depression the side effects far outweigh any benefits.

Would you like to comment?

Join YouTube for a free account, or sign in if you are already a member.

No comments: