>

Friday, October 03, 2008

Taking a break


I'm taking a break. I have to try to get distance so that I can have focus.
Unfortunately I'm one of those people who are very passionate and get very involved emotionally with some issues.
I've been crying for no apparent reason till I realized it was because I've been thinking about mental health issues for the last 6 months and got angry and sad, sad and angry, angry and sad...
I've also found out the I've reached the end of my therapy. After 20 years the problems that led me to psychoanalysis are... I don't know how to finish this sentence. I'm not healed. I don't believe that there's such a thing in psychotherapy, but I'm fine and don't need to talk about them any longer.
The strange thing is that I thought that finishing therapy was something like: "Party! I don't need it anymore!"
It's not like this. I still don't know what does it mean not needing therapy.
That's why I'll see my therapist, ex-therapist... this week. :)
I'm also thinking about helping depressed people but I still don't know how.
I'm not feeling blue or sad. I only have to take a break to learn how to keep balanced and not getting angry and sad reading Furious Seasons and my blog buddies.
Blog friends are also a joy for me.
I wish I had written it before and that it was not the first post of October but perhaps that's a good beginning.


8 comments:

Clueless said...

Ana,

Sounds like a big turning point in your life and a break is good. I love the picture.

I definitely have to gauge when and whose blogs I read depending on how I am doing and I would have had to do that before I became ill.

Have a great break,

I'll still be here when you get back.

Take care,
CC

susan said...

Ana,

I was worried since I hadn't seen your blog updated in my RSS feeder. I sent you an email....

I am glad you are taking a mental health couple of days off, it's good for you. You have to make distance, and not take things so personally. It's hard to get that balance, but I know you will achieve it.

CC is right- and sagacious. We will be here for you when you come back.

Enjoy the Brazilian sunshine! '

Ana said...

Clueless,
I didn't realize that it is a "big turning point".
You're right.

Susan,
No take personally.
Ok! I'll do my best.

I will not be completely away.
I'll just not be writing or reading too much.

I'm feeling a little better and the sun has finally arrived yesterday!

Thank you for understanding.

A said...

Dearest Ana:

Though in this bloggery world you can have many friends and feel the many colors of our amazing emotional rainbow; we still have to function and interact in the so called real world.

This is a great place to express views, get information, recieve support, hope and work for change, and even make some great friends; but it can never make up for the awesome view of a star filled night sky, or the smell of fresh flowers tickling your nose, and most of all, it can never replace that soft and reassuring touch and calming voice of another human being sitting across from you peering into your eyes and just maybe a tiny bit of your soul.

Take all the time you need to be well my friend, most of all I wish you to be well.

Yours Truly,
Stan

Immi said...

Absolutely we'll still be here. Taking a break is a good thing.

soulful sepulcher said...

Ana,

It is imperative to take a break, and that is what I've been doing is what we all talk about--time for ourselves and coming back able to focus. (on the issues at hand)

I've actually written the least amount of posts this last September in the history of my blog, I think.

Let your heart go caution to the wind. (be a free spirit)

Stephany

soulful sepulcher said...

PS-- ditto to what Stan said. :)

Ana said...

I had left a comment but it's not here.

I want to thank you for the support.
I didn't know that I would had to have support to take a break.
I'm still thinking:
"-I should write about this. Oh! You are on a break!"

You're very sweet.